The A-Z of PCOS Symptoms and How to Treat Them Naturally

The A-Z of PCOS Symptoms and How to Treat Them Naturally

Saturday 14 August 2010

Tired

Woke up today and didn't feel in the mood to do anything. Is tiredness a symptom of PCOS? I have had days like this in the past but I don't want to blame every ailment I have on PCOS, but if this is a symptom of it then it explains all the other times I've felt like this.

I had some cornflakes for breakfast today. I was struggling to find anything for dinner. I didn't want a sandwich as that would mean eating white bread again. My boyfriend suggested Super Noodles. Not the best thing in the world, but they were delicious. Not sure if they're good for me, but I think I'm going to try to make the best of what we've got in the house, and then when my PCOS book comes I can make a proper routine of what to eat, what not to eat etc. and then go shopping.

I've been told to eat 6 small meals a day so I'm hoping the book I've ordered will provide info on what these 6 meals should contain and how small a portion they should be.

I've had a glass of water today and will be having a second later. I will be having some more bacon today but that's only because I want to use the rest that's left in the packet from what I opened yesterday. I will be having it with wholemeal bread this time though (toasted).

Damn I could eat a big cream cake right about now. Don't worry, I'm not going to :) When I found out I had PCOS all I can think about is not putting anything in my body that can do more harm than good. I don't think I'll ever cut out cakes completely, but I think it will be something I treat myself with every 3 months or so. I do have a very sweet tooth though so I'm hoping I can find something to eat that will satisfy this need :)

I had a bit of a walk before and have done a bit of housework. I still feel tired though.

Thanks for reading. If you have any advice or just want to talk about your own experience please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from anyone who is in the same boat as me. x

1 comment:

  1. If you have a problem with energy like I do and have PCOS. Please, you need to read more on the condition. Our bodies have an insulin resistance, which means that we make plenty of insulin, it just isn't being used. That means that the sugars and simple carbs in our diets aren't being broken down to be used as energy ... instead they are being stored as fat.

    We get our energy mainly from protein ... try and get around 50g a day ... mostly from your breakfast. Also, whole grains do not require insulin to digest and convert to energy ... so you must have whole grains incorporated into your diet. Honestly, I have been on this PCOS journey for about 6 months, and that simple, two paragraph explaination is the core of the condition. When we have energy, we can exercise and be more alert as to what we are eating, and less likely to backslide ... in addition to being thinner.
    The number one thing you can do for yourself is to educate yourself about your condition. And from reading your posts, you are heading in the right direction, you just seem to have been mislead along the way.

    Cut out things high in simple carbs ... potatoes, white bread, white enriched flour, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, white rice, and corn.
    Moderate things high in complex carbs ... oats, flax, brown rice (there is also a brown rice flour great for cooking but not baking), quinoa (can get as a pasta), and whole grain (not whole wheat) bread.

    See PCOSDiva.com ... Amy has helped me through some rough times in my journey which I am documenting now on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete