The A-Z of PCOS Symptoms and How to Treat Them Naturally

The A-Z of PCOS Symptoms and How to Treat Them Naturally

Thursday 12 August 2010

Welcome to my journey

Hello. My name is Olivia and on 10th August 2010 I was diagnosed with PCOS. This is a blog about my journey as I try to deal with it, try to lose weight, and eventually try to conceive.

I am 27 years old and when I was 16 I went on the pill. I came off the pill 20 months ago and that's when I started noticing the symptoms. I have had about 5 periods in that time, I've grown a little facial hair, my hair on my legs seem to have grown darker, and I've put on quite a bit of weight. I'm not obese, but my BMI classes me as overweight and I am definately not ther person I used to be before I came off the pill.

Being on the pill for so long must've masked the symptoms. Obviously it gave me regular periods, but it's odd that I didn't have the facial hair or the weight gain when I was on the pill. I'm not sure if the pill is supposed to help in these areas, or just helps in giving you regular periods.

This is all the things I need to talk about with my GP. When I went for the scan to test for PCOS, the nurse who did it wasn't very helpful and basically told me that I needed to speak to my GP about what to do next. This disheartened me as she wouldn't even answer the basic questions. She told me to make an appointment with my GP for next week to give time for the report to be sent back to him. Obviously, when I go I will be asking all sorts of questions, like what foods I should be eating, what excersises I should be doing etc. I may even go back on the pill for a while if it helps regulate my periods again and helps me lose weight.

My boyfriend and I have spoken about having kids and we've always said we'll try in a few years. This gives me time to lose the weight and get my health back up to speed so when the time comes it should hopefully be easier to conceive.

I'm not sure how much I weigh at the moment but I will be trying to go to the gym at least 5 times a week so the next time I go there I will get weighed so I have a starting point.

Thank you for reading. I hope you will find this blog helpful. x

No comments:

Post a Comment