The A-Z of PCOS Symptoms and How to Treat Them Naturally

The A-Z of PCOS Symptoms and How to Treat Them Naturally

Friday 13 August 2010

What I had for tea

Well, for tea tonight I had 2 slices of grilled bacon on... white toast :\ I know it wasn't the best thing for me but we haven't been shopping this week and I'm just trying to make the best of what we've got in the house. I'm still researching what foods I should be eating and plan on buying the correct stuff when we do go shopping.

I also ordered myself a book earlier about PCOS and how to diet etc. so hopefully I'll find that useful. I'll post anything I find useful too, for my benefit and yours.

I drank way too much tea today as well and plan on cutting down to maybe just 2 cups a day and cutting down on the sugar (I usually take 2 sugars in my tea). Hopefully I can cut down altogether and maybe just have one as a treat every now and then. But it's going to be difficult cutting out most things that I like straight away. I am determined though.

I haven't done any excersise today though due to work. But I plan on doing some walking over the weekend and once I've been to see my GP next week I'll work on planning gym classes etc.

I created a "ticker" to show how much weight I need to lose to get to my ideal size. This is based on my weight being at 13 stone, although I could weigh more now. It's been a month or two since I last weighed myself so I'm just going to go off that for now.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

8 comments:

  1. It is hard work but you can do it. Just think of the end results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating good eating habits when you're used to eating whatever you want can be such a challenging task. I struggle with it daily. One thing I learned from my dietitian was to balance unhealthy foods with healthy ones. Such as, a granola bar with an apple. That will bring up your nutrition quotient. So, instead of having just bacon and toast, have an egg and only one slice of toast and a couple of bacon. That is, if you have any since you need to hit the grocery store. :)

    Best of luck. The best thing you can do to battle PCOS is lose the weight - I'm right there with you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice Karen. I need as much advice as I can get at the moment :) It is difficult. Just earlier at lunch time I struggled to find anything appropriate to eat and I'm worried it's going to be like that everyday. I think once I've been shopping and bought the right things I'll be able to start eating correctly. I know it's going to be a struggle though, but I'll get there :)

    Just out of interest, how would you have the egg? Fried, scrambled etc.?

    Thanks for reading and commenting. Means alot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have pcos, I was diagnosed 9 months ago, I'm still struggling with my food now. I drink green tea instead of normal tea now which is much better. The best tip I can give is to lower your carbs and raise protein, I have a lot more to lose than you but hopefully we will both get to where we want to be :) xx oh and and I either poached egg or have a frid egg with 1 calorie spray x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, thanks for your comment. I may give green tea a try. Does it taste similar to normal tea?

    I think I manage to eat quite a lot of protein as I eat a lot of meat, but my carb intake definately needs reducing.

    I'm glad you said Fried egg as I love Fried eggs :) But what is calorie spray? (Sorry if that's a daft question)

    Thanks again x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Oli

    Just found your postings on Verity and I linked through to your blog here.

    In many ways, I'm in the same boat as you... I was diagnosed in June this year and although I was on a 'diet' (hate that word) before this, I had to completely re-evaluate my eating habits and you learn very quickly what works.

    Happy to share my meal ideas with you - I'm a bit of a foodie :-)

    It does get easier.

    Best of luck and I'll keep following.

    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for writing these comments. I have PCOS as well and am struggling right now to balance the weight gain and my husband and I are having problems conceiving a baby because I ovulate once every 4 months and that is tough so we are considering going to
    egg donation bank
    and go from there. Good luck on your journey and keep up the hard work!!! Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have PCOS too and it is very hard to lose weight. Also, my husband and I are having a hard time having a baby :( We are thinking about looking for egg donors. Thanks for sharing! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete